Can I Hate Someone Else's Baby?

Hate is a strong word I know. But seriously, today I had to hold back the urge to to yell profanities at a little boy.

There is a drop in center in my neighbour, where parents/caregivers can bring children aged 3 months to 5 years old, to interact and play with other kids. They have a painting station, a castle, and a mini Ikea kitchen, complete with mini pots and pans. And lots and lots of other cool fun things for kids, that you don't necessarily want in your house. I've been going twice a week with Eloise, since she was 8 months old, and she loves it. There is the occasional hair pull or toy grab, but nothing too alarming for the first time parent.

Except today, when a little boy, only 2 years old, shoved three babies in the face, including mine, because they got too close to "his" toys.

I said to him, gently, "You don't have to shove baby". In my head I was screaming, "You little bleepin'...bleep....bleep!".

The only thing that cooled me down was watching his apologetic mom pick him up, take him away from the baby toy station, and sit alone for the rest of the session. It's tough being a mom, but at that moment I really felt like I had it easy.

Comments

Momisodes said…
I'm so sorry that happened.

I know what you mean though. We had an incident where a little girl grabbed my daughters hand and slyly pinched her without anyone seeing. My daughter screamed in pain and showed me her hand.

Apparently the kid did it often enough that her mother had a feeling she had pinched my daughter and apologized to us. But geez! Where do they pick up things like that?

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!