It Was Good While It Lasted

Due to reasons beyond her control, my mommy BFF has gone back to work. I am sad.

We met almost a year ago at our Prenatal Class. Both of us opted to do a weekend crash course, because we knew we'd be tempted to skip classes if we signed up for a weekly series. Both of us are of Asian descent, married to Caucasian men. Both of us pulled up in a Jetta, theirs black, ours white. Both of us due at the end of December.

She said something, about being at the Hospital for a check up and the room smelt like ass. I knew we would be friends.

The initial email I sent her, after I gave birth to Eloise, and was confined to my new life as a mother, went something like, "How are you? I'm okay. We should go for a walk when the weather gets nicer." Our initial meeting a month later went something like, "Oh My Fuckin' God. I hate my life! You too! Thank God I'm not alone!"

We've been going out to lunch, shopping with screaming babies, and gossiping about perfect moms ever since.

I would not have made it through this year without her. Ladies, if you're going to get pregnant, make sure you find a friend, someone who will share advice with you, share laughs with you, and half a litre of wine at lunch.

Comments

PattyG said…
I love your stories, Kim!!! I thought you were one of a kind, I can't believe there are two of you out ther. God help us all.
Momisodes said…
I'm so glad you found someone with so much in common through this journey. It can make a world of difference. Now that I'm doing this again, I hope to make a friend like you have :)

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!