I went out for a catch up lunch with two of my mommy buds. One of the mom's and I are still breastfeeding, either because we're wimps, or martyrs, I haven't decided which yet. The bi-product of breastfeeding beyond a year, is that I'm skinny now, and I don't really work out. Of course I'm totally weak, and useless too. I can't open a jar of pickles to save my life. I talked about how even though I can fit into my size 25 jeans, I'm not feeling shit hot. My other non-breastfeeding mommy bud told me to shut the fuck up.
The journey from my house to my parent’s house is 124 km, includes a ferry ride and takes just over 4 hours. I often treat the ferry voyage as an exclusive cruise through the beautiful clustered display of the Gulf Islands. I like to observe all the homes on the cliff of each island and wonder about their stories. Do people live in those homes all year round? Are they merely vacation homes? If it’s a permanent residence, what do the people do for work? What kind of work is available on the island? Could my parents retire there? It would be a faster trip to see them than going all the way from Coquitlam to Victoria. I love that trip though, especially when it ends with a greeting from my parents who pretend they were not waiting for my arrival the entire time. There is a sigh of relief that finally I arrived, as I embrace them with a big warm hug. My mom wears the scent of freshly cooked jasmine rice. There is always a meal waiting for me, even when I tell her not to worry and ...
Hubby's mom recently gave us a bottle of Fairy Mist. It's an Aromatherapy spray that is supposed to calm baby's down. I spray the living room in the evenings with it, before Eloise goes to bed. If she's cranky, I'll spray a couple of mists around her. It seems to work. The directions read; From deep within the garden, the Aroma Fairies have gathered this delightful blend to gently calm and soothe children of all ages. Spray mist above your child's head. One day, when Eloise was super upset, crying, crawling away from me, then crawling back to me wanting to be picked up, then pushing me away because she really didn't want to be picked up, Hubby asked how he could help. I said, "Grab the fairy mist." He came into the room, spray head pointed right at Eloise's face, ready to pull the triger. Before he could I yelled, "You're not going to spray it at her face, are you?" He paused. He totally was going to spray her in the fac...
Comments