What Do I and Elderly Fat Men Have in Common...

I went to see a doctor, after waking up two days straight with a swollen and painful right foot. I hadn't done anything to cause it injury. The doctor told me it was Gout. I looked up Gout on Google while he wrote me a prescription. Gout mainly appears in elderly people and alcoholics.

According to Wiki I have it because I'm producing too much Uric Acid, or  my bloodstream isn't getting rid of it fast enough. So the Uric Acid settles in the tissue of certain joints, commonly the big toe, and crystallizes, ew, hardens, and causes pain.

I got a $15 prescription of pills, and am feeling 100% better. To avoid another Gout attack I need to stay away from the red meat, and alcohol.

 

Comments

Momisodes said…
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear. I've heard that it can be quite painful. Glad to hear the meds did the trick.
Kim said…
I wonder if a rice sock will help my Gout :)

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon