Baby or Beer Belly?

I was really excited about the little baby bump that was developing around 11 weeks. I've heard some women don't show until the 2nd trimester, but I'm 5'3". If I eat a hamburger I show.

Anyway, Spence came with me to see the doctor for the results of my latest ultrasound. The visit before this one had ended with me in tears. My doctor was concerned that I may have miscarried already since a heartbeat had not been picked up at the very first ultrasound. But I hoped, prayed and thanked the Universe for a healthy happy baby, and it came true. My doctor was pleased to let us know that the baby was developing perfectly.

He was so happy for us that he even showed me where my uterus currently was. I laid on the table. He pointed, "Right there, I can feel a hard little lump".

I pointed at my "baby bump" no where near the spot he found the uterus, and asked, "So this isn't my baby?"

He smiled and closed the door behind him. Spence fell on the floor laughing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!