Yeah, I stroll

Eloise was still in my belly when I bought our stroller. The stroller was the least important baby necessity to me. I envisioned carrying my baby around in a sling, with shopping bag in one hand and latte in the other. But as the books will tell you, strollers are pretty important, and yeah, I knew I would use it... every once in a while.

I had a very good idea of what the perfect stroller would look like. It had to be slim, (I'm little and I really wanted to look cute pushing it), it had to be easy to travel with, since I'd be going to visit my parents a lot, and it had to be quasi cool. I loved the Bugaboo, but as shallow as I am, I couldn't justify the price.

At 17lbs, with a sleek European design, and compact fold, I knew the Quinny Zapp was the stroller for me. I bought the infant car seat that adapts to it, and have been stylishly pushing my baby around town ever since.

So it turns out, I actually use the stroller a lot more than I thought I would. Everyday in fact, for at least a few hours. I can't lug Eloise around in a sling for that long. She's freakin' huge.

As cute as I look, now that I'm using the regular stroller seat instead of the infant car seat, my poor baby isn't looking as great as I thought she would. Since the stroller seat doesn't recline she falls asleep upright. Which looks so painful... ok maybe not painful, but definitely uncomfortable. Also, the beautiful canopy it comes with, hardly keeps the sun off her face.

As a pregnant woman I picked the stroller I wanted, not the stroller my baby needed. A real mom wouldn't have done that. A real mom would have scooted strollers in the park, talked to other moms, went on youtube and watched all the stroller reviews by Baby Gizmo.

Well, I'm a real mom now, and that's what I did to find my new stroller, the Baby Jogger City Mini. It's still sleek (God help my vanity), but it's got a huge canopy and fully reclining seat so Eloise can sleep comfortably.

If only I knew then, what I know now. Gees, how many more years am I going to be saying that line?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!