For My Dad

I've noticed just in the recent weeks how fond of my dad Eloise is. There is a picture of him holding her on the fridge. At the sight of it, she smiles and starts the cutest giggles. When she was around 4 months old she would smile at random Asian men, or Asian women with short hair. I truly believe it's because, she thought they were her grandpa.

I was on the phone last night with my dad, and told him about the picture. He was choking back tears, as he exclaimed how his heart was melting.

Like all Asian kids, I've grown up being told by my parents, that I owe them big time for raising me. Parts of the repayment plan include, saving yourself marriage, getting married period, being some sort of professional, and buying a huge mansion of a house, where multiple cars can be parked in the front yard. And of course, the birth of a grandchild.

Nagging aside, I've always intended on making sure my parents knew, how grateful I was to them, for my middle class upbringing.

I've put a lot of pressure on myself, to get the repayment plan completed. Truth be told, some things were impossible to do. Now the only thing left on my repayment plan is the mansion.

However, after telling my dad about Eloise's love for her grandpa, I don't think he cares about that anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!