Is This What I Am When I Grow Up?

In high school I thought I'd be a business woman when I grew up. I didn't really know what kind of business, but I knew I'd have a briefcase, and all the right answers. And I'd yell, "F*ck, just get me a coffee", to my idiot assistant. Nobody taught us about HR in high school.

Well, I don't have an idiot assistant, and even if I did, yelling at them isn't as glamorous as I imagined. But I am grown up now. I have an office job. I work for a very successful company. I have manager at the end of my title. I can afford my mortgage, childcare, and a designer denim obsession. I think I grew up OK, but I want more.

Instinctively, more means bigger, better, and expensive things. But I'm trying to put my ego in check, and figure out happiness beyond money. Yeah money makes me very happy, but I'm looking for something Wayne Dyer would be proud of.

Career wise I've got a few plans for this year, complete my business management certificate, write a novel, blog more, and do fulfilling work. In my personal life I just want to continue enriching my relationships.

I'm grown up now, and I feel like there's still a lot of growing to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!