Grow A Veggie Garden

I've been pretty blue lately. I think it's being 30, which is totally dumb because I have a great hubby, lots of friends, a beautiful daughter, a house, good hair, and nice clothes. What more could any woman want?

Last October I picked up Oprah's magazine O. The edition was all about pursuing your passion. It's been in the back of my mind ever since then. I can't help but think I'm not pursuing my passion, and it's slowly killing me.

Okay, that was a bit dramatic. It's not killing me, but it has made me review every single decision I've ever made. When I look at the past though, it seems like everything happened the way it was supposed to.

If I start regretting stuff, then other really great stuff would have never happened. If I did that, I wouldn't have gotten married. He's wonderful, and it was a beautiful wedding so of course I don't regret it. If I had gotten that, I wouldn't have tried to have a baby. And she's amazing so I don't regret that at all. If I applied for that, I wouldn't have been promoted to Manager. My resume is stacked with all the experience I have, so I don't regret that either.

If, if, if... it doesn't matter. All that matters now is that I have choices. And it's good to have choices, because making a decision and committing to it is powerful.

This year I chose to plant vegetables. As soon as I made the decision to do that, I started prepping the soil. It baked all winter, as I killed off the grass with leaves, and cardboard.

Then I bought 4 cubic yards of rich soil, and added it to the plot of land where I had the leaves, and cardboard decomposing.

I planted cabbage, broccoli, zucchini , strawberry, and raspberry plants. I sowed carrots, onions, potatoes, kale, and chard. I water the plants, and the seeds everyday. After 3 weeks there is substantial growth.

It's amazing what happens when you make a decision, and carry it out. I could have bailed on the garden after two of my squash, and cucumber plants died, but I didn't. It was disappointing, but I could see that the rest of the garden could still thrive. It is, and I can't wait to see it continue.

So what am I telling myself, telling you? Plant a seed, and do little daily steps. Stuff grows when you do that. With a little care, and patience who knows what I'll have created by the end of the summer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!