Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

I delivered our second daughter Rosalie 3 weeks ago, on November 7th. She was 3 days overdue. Not a huge deal in hindsight, but at the time it was 3 days too long. I had an acupuncture induction session the day before she was born to get things moving. I guess it worked.

She came fast, and furious. My first contraction was at 8:45am. I pushed her out at 12:45pm. There wasn't much time for drugs, great for baby, but not for mama. The labour was painful, but the whole time I kept thinking thank god I won't be pregnant anymore. 

This is the list of things I will not miss about being pregnant.
  • Waking up to pee three times a night.
  • Strangers looking at me and saying, "You're ready to pop, eh?".
  • Strangers telling me I was going to have a boy because of how high I was carrying baby.
  • Irregular bowel movements (like I need anything extra taking up space in my belly.)
  • Finding a new stretch mark on my stomach.
  • Having Braxton Hicks, and realizing that the car is parked farther than I thought.
  • Shaving my vagina by feel.
  • Being told to be patient, that the baby will come soon.
Of course I would do that all over again just to meet this little lady.



Comments

Sheila said…
Aw, she is so cute! Congrats to you both, Kim! Hope to see you this weekend at Nick & Karen's.

Popular posts from this blog

Yao Hon

What Do I and Elderly Fat Men Have in Common...