Skinny but not that skinny

I've decided to stop worrying about the last 10 pounds of my pregnancy weight, and start doing something about it. So I'm focusing my energy on thinking skinny.

Yup, no dumb bells or crunches for me. To get back into my super skinny jeans, I'm just going to start thinking that I'm skinny enough. If I learned anything from "The Secret", it's that the power of intention really works. Rent the movie if you don't believe me.

After 2 weeks of thinking skinny (eating out and drinking wine), I'm down 5 nasty pounds. I just weighted myself to check that I'm not totally full of shit. I'm not.

So yesterday, I took my skinny ass self to BCBG, to check out their sale. My summer strollin' dream dress was 30% off! The only sizes on the rack were extra small but I'm totally an extra small right?

Yeah, no.

I heard a seam rip as I wiggled the dress over my hips. And it clung grossly, like a needy girlfriend, to my midsection. Too sad, and scared to ask for the small, (two in a row that didn't fit would have made me cry), I asked if they had a medium in the back. They did. It fit perfectly over my hips and hung just right.

Next week I will add crunches to my thinking skinny plan.

Comments

Momisodes said…
Wow! 5 pounds? That's great! I really need to do that for the next 2 weeks before I go to Chicago.

I could use a sweet dress, too :)
Sheila said…
You are so funny, Kim! I laughed at you ripping the dress.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!