Counting Down to the New Year

After a week of clearing out the clutter, (there is still a lot of freakin' clutter in our house), spending time with my parents, hosting 3 birthday parties, (Hubby's was on the 24th, and Eloise had two parties, one in Victoria and one in Vancouver), and making Christmas dinner, I can't wait to ring in the New Year on our friend's big comfy couch.

We're spending this evening with long time friends, who drank the cultural kool-aid, and decided to have kids too. They have an adorable 4 year old, who loves being a big sister to her little sister Emiko, and our little Eloise.

My goal tonight is to relax. If I make it to midnight, and manage to drink a few glasses of wine, that'll be a bonus. Last year, I was in bed with hubby, a newborn between us, woke up at 11:55pm, just in time to say "Happy New Year", and fell back asleep.

When I think about how this night has changed for me over the years, I smirk and remember that exactly 10 years ago, I snuck into a 19 and over New Year's party, where the theme was along the lines of Burning Man, and danced my ass off.

Comments

Sheila said…
Happy New Year to you and Spence, Kim! And happy birthday to Eloise!

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Sheila
Momisodes said…
LOL! I hear you on how things have changed post children :) Especially on holidays such as New Year's.

Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2010!

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!