Babes Supporting Babes

Feminist is a word I'm finally comfortable identifying myself with. In my 20's I thought feminism was a movement that meant hating men, women against cooking and being better, tougher, or stronger than men. I didn't want to associate myself with a word that seemed so full of hate and hypocrity. Thank goodness for being in my 30's. Thank goodness for the internet and having unlimited access to feminist views that are varied and full of love. Thank goodness for feminist stay at home moms, feminist lawyers, feminist fashion bloggers and Feminist Emma Watson. 


Now I know that being a feminist simply means standing for equality. And whether male or female being a person that is active in creating equal opportunities for women. 

As a mother raising two daughters, as a manager and mentor to younger women in my office and network, as a sister to an incredible woman, as a friend to amazing women, I want to create a world where all the females in my life have every opportunity to live their best life. So imagine my delight when I see a sweatshirt that read, "Babes Supporting Babes".
                         

                                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

What Do I and Elderly Fat Men Have in Common...