Nanny, Where Have You Been All My Life

Everything about childcare is scary; trying to get information on it, registering for it in time, choosing the right option, and paying for it.

As soon as Eloise was born, veteran moms were asking me if I had looked into childcare yet. My immediate response was, "Uh... no..."

I panicked for a few months, as I researched childcare in my city. Note, Eloise wasn't even 3 months old at this point.

Then one day, I was talking to my sister, Nika. She wanted a huge change in her life. I joked that she should just move in with us, and be our nanny, after all, she's great with kids. She paused, and said "Yes."

I go back to work February 1st, but Nika started two weeks ago so she can learn on the job, while I'm still around. That means Nika is feeding, bathing, and entertaining Eloise, while I keep myself busy doing stuff like organizing my closet, cleaning the bathroom, and writing my blog.

And since this is my birthday week, on top of the regular chores, I've scheduled a few self indulgent things to do, like visiting the Spa, making a birthday wish list, planning a girls night out, and making reservations for date night.

God, did I clean my house at all before Nanny showed up?

Comments

Momisodes said…
That is wonderful! I have to admit that having a family member care for your child makes a huge difference. Especially if it is your first time leaving your child with someone else for extended periods of time.

So glad you were able to take some time for yourself as well! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Don't Miss About Being Pregnant

Yao Hon

She Looks Like Me Too!